To the CMSA Membership:
CMSA has been monitoring the field situation as per the City of Calgary Athletic Park website communications:
Due to extended cold temperatures and above normal snowfall this past winter, we anticipate delays in the opening dates for our Athletics Parks. This includes artificial turf fields, natural grass fields, diamonds, tracks and courts.
As a result of the City’s uncertainty regarding field opening dates, CMSA has made a tough decision to delay the start of preseason play until Saturday, May 5 for all tiers/divisions.
While unfortunate, we feel this is the best course of action as opposed to scheduling games and having to cancel them on short notice. Furthermore, many of our clubs would have extremely limited access to fields prior to our original start date, thus influencing their teams’ preparedness to start the season. Overall, we are trying to ensure a consistent and quality start for all our teams and leagues.
Delaying the season start will result in a loss of one preseason game for U9-U19. We will add a game into the regular season schedule for all tiers/divisions that are scheduled through CMSA on non-community fields. We will be communicating with membership shortly for games that will be affected on community fields.
CMSA thanks you for your understanding in this matter. We will continue to communicate updates as we receive them.
League Director | Calgary Minor Soccer Association
(p) 403.279.8686 ext.1003| (w) calgaryminorsoccer.com (e) email@example.com
7, 6991 48th Street SE Calgary AB, T2C 5A4