CBSC EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY December 15, 2023
Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club
The Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club offers quality soccer programming for boys and girls ages 3 to adult.
Calgary Blizzard’s main focus is on development in alignment with Canada Soccer and to ensure players are being trained to become “Soccer for Life” athletes. We work hard to make sure that when your child graduates from the Blizzard Academy program, they are happy with a ball at their feet, they can head the ball properly and safely, they can use both left and right feet and they have a great understanding of how to play the game.
We encourage the best in all players and support soccer as a lifelong activity – for fun, fitness and the joy of team play!
Core (U12-U13) Technical Director
Working under the guidance of the Club’s Sporting Director and Executive Director, Core (U12-U13) Technical Director will be responsible for managing the current success and future direction of the U12-13 program, including its players, staff, and coaches. This is an integral position under the mandate of the The Blizzard Way curriculum. The role requires an individual exuding passion, personality, positivity, and purpose, with a strong desire to facilitate player development within our Club vision and under the guiding principles of a long-term player development model.
The successful candidate will build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally across the soccer landscape while effectively supporting staff to deliver the Academy Performance Plan.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will lead the technical coaching and management of our U12-U13 Core Program while looking for ways to continually improve the delivery and operation of the program:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes or teams
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Nurture and develop athletes’ potential skills and abilities
- Develop, plan and coordinate competitive schedules and programs
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games
- Formulate competitive strategies, develop game plans and direct athletes and players during games or athletic events
- Analyse and evaluate athletes’ or teams’ performances and modify training programs.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- UEFA B License
- Previous Experience as Female Professional Athlete (preferably soccer).
- Experience in, and technical knowledge of, the sport is required.
- Coaching experience within an elite-level soccer program.
- Management experience in an elite-level soccer program.
- Experience managing organizational change and developing new processes.
- Experience in coach education and mentorship.
- A proven track record of developing female players from youth soccer to post-secondary and pro-am environments.
- Candidates must be in good standing with their respective governing bodies.
- Intermediate knowledge of the MS Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Hours of Work:
- 40-50 hours per week
- 15 days of holiday per year, plus additional public holidays that may be taken in lieu if worked on
- Commensurate with experience
January 1, 2024
The position involves day, evening, weekend and holiday work.
The successful candidate will create a positive environment for our players, focusing on developing excellent players and outstanding people.
Please Send Cover Letter and Resume to: