Term: Part-Time Contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Nov. 30, 2019
The Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club, the City’s oldest youth club committed to providing high caliber programs and services, is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated member to join their team in the role of Part-Time Bookkeeper. The ideal candidate will bring experience from a proven youth sports organization to assist our current staff.
About the Role
As an organization, we are endorsed by The Canada Soccer Association as a National Youth Club License holder. To uphold our high standards and meet the demand of our growing financial reporting requirements, we are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to aid the club in the management of all payables and receivables, budget tracking and updates, and other duties as outlined below. The Bookkeeper will report directly to the club Operations Manager and Treasurer. This is a flexible, home-based position anticipated at 15-20 hours bi-weekly. Workloads are seasonal with a greater hour requirement during registration periods (Feb/Mar and Sept/Oct).
- Organize and record cash and credit card receipts and online payments
- Prepare deposits for bank and update accounting systems with all deposits.
- Manage all payables and receivables including the timely recording of transactions and collections.
- Manage the Club’s policy for those requiring financial assistants and assist members with Kidsport/Jumpstart applications as required.
- Work with the Club’s registration system, PowerUp to ensure all payments and refunds are recorded accurately.
- Process Club members on approved payment plans, ensuring proper paperwork is completed and PowerUp has been setup to reflect the payment plans. Monitor to ensure payments are received in a timely manner.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the Treasurer and Operations team regarding budgeting updates and other reports as required.
- Provide senior bookkeeper with all financial information to complete monthly and yearly financial reporting and bank reconciliations.
- Assist with other bookkeeping and administrative duties as needed.
- Prepare cheques and arrange for signing by independent board members
- Maintain confidentiality on Club and Player information.
- Represent Calgary Blizzard in a friendly and professional manner at all times;
- Answer member inquiries regarding their player accounts via email in a timely manner;
- Be available for Walk-in Registration Nights (twice a year)
Our ideal candidate will have related post-secondary or employment experience and be able to demonstrate the following sills and/or competencies:
- 3 – 5 years of bookkeeping experience, particularly with Quickbooks.
- Experience in PowerUp system would be considered an asset.
- Intermediate computer skills with Excel and Word.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills including, prioritization, and goal assessment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and board when resolving problems and making decisions to enhance Club effectiveness.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications, experience, and salary expectations to:
Calgary Blizzard Board of Directors firstname.lastname@example.org
Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club wishes to thank all applicants for their submissions, but only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.