1. I can’t remember the position my child played on his/her team last year. Do I need it to register?
No, that information is optional.
2. Why are the fees different from Tiers 1/2/3 to 4/5/6?
The fees vary because the Tier 1/2/3 players will participate in technical training sessions. The commitment for this level of play is higher than for Tier 4/5/6.
3. My child is ready to play in a higher age group than the age-appropriate one. Can he/she move up to the next age group?
Your child will automatically be registered in the appropriate age group; however, you may indicate in the “player preference” section that you wish for your child to play up. Our technical committee will evaluate this request and make the necessary changes if appropriate.
4. I would like to write a cheque for the registration fees and not pay by credit card, is that possible?
Our online registration system only takes credit card. To pay by cheque you will need to attend our in-person registration. Those details will be posted on the website. If you are unable to make the in-person date, please contact the registrar to make alternate arrangements.
5. Why is there a facility fee built into the price of registration?
As part of our ongoing long-term goals, the Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club has been committed to building a facility that will be used by our members. A substantial amount of money has been raised to build such a facility. We are excited to launch the Shouldice Indoor Facility this Oct 2022. Continued efforts to maintain and support this facility will be possible with our facility fee. We guarantee to our members that these monies will only be used for such a purpose.
6. I can’t afford to put my child through soccer. Can you help?
Everyone should be afforded the opportunity to play. Please contact the registrar to discuss your options. All players who require financial assistance must go through Kidsport and/or Jumpstart which is an organization funded by various sports associations to help such cases.
7. I missed the registration deadline. Is it too late?
If online registration has closed, please email email@example.com to discuss your options.
8. My child wants to play on a team with their friend, is that possible?
Blizzard firmly believes that soccer should be a fun experience. For our grassroots program and players in Tier IV and lower we are happy to place friends together if possible. Please email your request to us when you register your child or add your request to your registration form. For players in Tier I through III, we are not always able to accommodate these requests as these teams are competitive and players are placed strictly based on skill level.
10. We are hoping our child makes a certain team and will move to another club if they don’t. Can we pay a small fee to attend tryouts rather than fully registering?
Only those players who have completed registration and made payment of fees (or made arrangements for payment) may be evaluated for team placement.