Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
- We have a link on the registration page that will take you to our registration platform. If you are a new to Calgary Blizzard, you need to set up a family profile. You can then add your children and the programs available for registration for that child will show automatically for you to choose. Payment needs to be processed in order to finalize registration.
I can’t afford to put my child through soccer. Can you help?
- Everyone should be afforded the opportunity to play. Please contact our administrator. All players who require financial assistance may go through Kidsport, which is an organization funded by various sports associations to help such cases.
- Please refer to our web site calgaryblizzard.com for information. There is a tryouts link is under the Registration tab.
- Once the tryout schedule is posted it will also include the dates the rosters will be released. You will then be contacted by your child’s coach regarding training, etc. If your child does not receive a roster placement email, please contact Soccer Operations.
- Please see the chart on the registration page. This has details on exact dates of the program according to age group and tier.
- If registration online has finished, please email Soccer Operations. Specify which age group you wish to register in and we will check to see if there is room. You have to be registered to attend try outs.
- If the player plays in U12 and higher they will need a player card. Check the CMSA website (www.calgaryminorsoccer.com) for dates and times to get your card. If you have a card from another club then you should get it at the end of the season from your previous coach and give it to your Blizzard’s coach. You cannot play without a card.
- An electronic waiver will be sent via email once players are assigned onto a team every indoor season and is good for the year. You will need to reply to this email with your acceptance prior to the start of the season. This form of waiver is the only one accepted by CMSA. No hard copies will be accepted and must be complete in order to be eligible to play.
- There is a link to the memberzone on the right hand side of the home page under quick links. Use the email address you used for your family member profile. If you forget your password there is a link where you can have the password sent to the email address we have on file for you.
- You may make the changes yourself by logging into your family memberzone.
- No, you can choose any program you choose that works best for your family.
- In the CMSA league the schedules can be found on the Calgary Minor Soccer Association website www.calgaryminorsoccer.com. Follow the links on the top to your age group, tier and team name.
- For U4-U8 they need soccer cleats for outdoor and indoor soccer shoes for the indoor season. Runners will also work for either season, shin pads and a water bottle. We supply them with a jersey that are theirs to keep. For training at the CWSC and Shouldice facility, cleats work best. For U10 – U19 they are supplied with new shorts, socks and training top each Indoor season and provided with a jersey that is to be returned at the end of the season.