The Calgary Blizzard Reach Program is for all players U13 to U19 that have graduated from our Core Program and any other players that want to compete in the Calgary Minor Soccer League (CMSA).
- Participation in Calgary Minor Soccer Association (CMSA) Indoor Soccer League for Tiers 1 – 6.
- Participants receive a combination of CMSA organized games, team practices and Blizzard technical and skills training (Tiers 1 – 3).
- The technical training for tiers 1 through 3 is developed and directed by our lead Technical Directors, Ramon Mifflin and Diogo Raposo.
- Technical training for lower tiers is optional and at an additional cost.
- All indoor technical training programs are held at Calgary West Soccer Centre and Calgary North Soccer Centre
- All outdoor training is held at Inland Athletic Park or North city playfields
What is Blizzard Reach?
- The Blizzard Reach program builds on the key fundamental skills learnt in our Core program.
- Players will now look to be comfortable with our specific game model where learning around the 4 key moments of the game in synergy with the Orange Way of Playing. Group Situations into a more adult orientated version of the game. 11v11
Purpose of developing players that:
- Can deal with various situations that arise in the ebb and flow of the game
- Create & score in a variety of ways
- Play in a fast paced and purposeful style
- The Reach program will prepare our players to reach towards higher levels of playing whether in club programing or the various high-performance streams that Canada Soccer offers and hopefully transitioning to play university soccer.
- Team coaches are provided direction and guidance on the Reach curriculum through our Orange Way development philosophy. For curriculum details and our information on our player pathway please download our program guide.
Calendar and CMSA League Structure: TBD
Official CMSA Calendar – For specific dates for all ages and tiers please click here: TBD
Official CMSA League Structure – For specific league game days and number of games for each age group and tier please click here: TBD
Registration and Fees
For information on fees and to join our Club please visit our website under Registration.
Blizzard wants every child to have the opportunity to play soccer, regardless of a family’s economic situation and encourages anyone requiring financial assistance to apply to Kidsport Calgary prior to registration at www.kidsport.ab.ca. Parents should also feel free to contact Jackie Martin, our Operations Manager, to discuss other financial options.
Where We Train
During the outdoor season, Blizzard teams have their technical training at Inland Athletic Park. For team practices, teams will utilize various practice fields throughout NW Calgary depending on their age group and tier.
During the indoor season, Blizzard teams have their technical training at the Calgary West Soccer Centre on Bearspaw Dam Road NW or Calgary North Soccer Centre. Teams will also utilize various practice gyms throughout North Calgary depending on their age group and tier.