Being a Team Manager
Every successful team needs a manager and although much of the work is done behind the scenes, it can be very rewarding.
How to get started
If you are interested in becoming a team manager, please pass your name along to your child’s coach. Generally, it is the coaching staff who appoints the manager as they will be working closely together. As a note, many team managers stay with a team season after season as it provides continuity for all involved, therefore depending on the team this position may already be filled.
What does a team manager do?
- Ensure all players are registered with the team properly (work with the Club’s registrar, Lucy to make sure all players are listed as eligible on the game sheets.
- As requested by the coach, act as the liaison between coaches and parents regarding team concerns, ie. child playing time
- Manage the club provided TeamSnap account for all team activities
- Reschedule games due to rainouts
- Print and bring game sheets to each game and player cards
- Update scores on the CMSA Demosphere system
- Manage travel documents and insurance needs with CMSA for out of province tournaments
- Delegate the following duties:
- Distribute player jerseys
- Fundraising initiatives
- Administration of tournaments
- Travel arrangements
What support does Blizzard provide?
- CMSA holds a team representative meeting at the start of the season to go through logistics
- Blizzard operational support staff are available to support with season set-up and questions.
- Blizzard has many required documents ready to go so that managers aren’t starting from scratch.