Boys Core (U10-U13) Technical Director, Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club (CBSC)
Overview of Responsibilities
Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club is looking for a new Boys Core Technical Director. The Boys Core Technical Director is a senior technical leader within the Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club that reports directly to the Sporting Director and is responsible for the Club’s technical direction within Boys Core Programming. The Boys Core Technical Director is accountable for the Club’s day-to-day management of soccer development activities for players, as well as coaching development, all in alignment with Long Term Player Development (LTPD) principles.
A key aspect of the role is the development and implementation of the Club’s Technical Development Plan. This includes the management of the program technical budget and the direction of the Club’s technical staff with consideration given to member needs and the long- term sustainability of the organization.
- Canada Soccer A License (preferred)
- Canada Soccer B License or Canada Soccer Youth License minimum
- Canada Soccer Children’s License (preferred)
The Boys Core Technical Director reports to the Sporting Director and works closely with the Executive Director and Boys Technical Director.
The Boys Core Technical Director supervises:
- Part-Time Coaching Personnel
- Program Coordination Personnel for CMSA
The Boys Core Technical Director liaises with:
- CBSC Player and Parent Community
- Calgary Minor Soccer Association (CMSA)
- CMSA Member Clubs
- Alberta Soccer
- Canadian Soccer Association
- International clubs and organizations
Strategic Priorities: Growth and development of technical resources and programs for the Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club community, including ensuring the organization is responsive to community requirements and professional in its delivery of soccer development services.
- Commensurate with experience
- Technical Leadership
- Support the Sporting Director in the development and implementation of the Club Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Board of Directors, to establish critical priorities and objectives to guide the Club’s long term future;
- Lead the translation of approved strategies and program concepts into operational initiatives in the area of soccer development and ensure these initiatives are accomplished;
- Exemplify the True Sport governing principles of the Club, demonstrating integrity and setting ethical standards;
- Act as the spokesperson for the club on club-level technical development matters, including external liaisons with governing bodies and leagues;
- Oversee the Club’s involvement in the Calgary Minor Soccer Association & Alberta Youth Soccer League (AYSL) and any related league competition platforms that may change due to LTPD implementation.
- Technical Program – Coaching Development
- Recruit, develop, strengthen and oversee the management and performance of the Club’s compliment of remunerated and volunteer coaching staff.
- Directly manage the education and development of coaches through Coaching Development Programs.
- Technical Programs – Player Development
- Build on the Club’s existing development program base to create a full, best in class annual, periodized development program for the club’s top talent;
- Establish structured, program-wide quality management initiatives;
- Oversee the technical leadership efforts of the Club Head Coaches to create gender equality in the player development streams within the Club;
- Build partnerships with external technical service providers to create a fully integrated on-field and off-field Player Development Program;
- Liaise with CMSA, ASA and other league and governing bodies to develop optimal player development pathways for the Club’s player base;
- Establish partnerships with university and professional soccer organizations to drive the progression of the club’s top soccer talent to a higher level;
- Identify, through club coaches and technical staff, high performance players in the club system and ensure that the leagues, districts, provincial and national bodies are aware of them.
- Budget Management
- In cooperation with the Sporting Director, establish and maintain a technical budget for coach remuneration and education (the registration pattern of the representative program varies each season depending on specific age cohorts making a specific budget dollar amount difficult to quantify until registration has been completed each cycle).
- Human Resources
- Motivate, guide and direct the Club Technical staff ;
- Conduct an effective performance management system and ensure a clear accountability framework is in place to meet the needs of the Technical Department.
- Enable a strong, positive morale among technical staff to ensure a high level of commitment to their jobs and tasks.
- Member Relations
- Actively promote the technical vision and underlying philosophy outlined in the Club’s Technical Development Plan to the Club’s varied stakeholders, including non-technical people;
- Maintain a strong customer-focused approach to working with the Club’s membership, ensuring effective communication with players, team coaches and other club stakeholders;
- Oversee the development and continual improvement of the Club’s programs and services based on evaluations and membership input.
- Provide Alberta Soccer and Canada Soccer with the required documentation for the technical components of the National Youth Club License
- Establish the technical component of the Club’s annual Operational Plan, in liaison with the Sporting Director;
- Oversee the collection of player assessment results and other technical data needed for evaluation of technical programs;
- Contribute as part of the Club’s staff management team to meeting and reporting requirements of the Club’s Board of Directors and its Sub-Committees.
- Complete other (ad-hoc) tasks that would reasonably fall into the TD portfolio, as directed by the Sporting Director.
Interested applicants please send a covering letter a resume to the CBSC Sporting Director, Diogo Raposo at email@example.com