1. I can’t remember the position my child played on his/her team last year. Do I need it to register?
No, that information is optional.
2. Why are the fees different from Tiers 1/2/3 to 4/5/6?
The fees vary because the Tier 1/2/3 players will participate in technical training sessions with the Blizzard Academy. The commitment for this level of play is higher than for Tier 4/5/6.
3. My child is ready to play in a higher age group than the age-appropriate one. Can he/she move up to the next age group?
Your child will be automatically registered in the appropriate age group; however, you may indicate in the “player preference” section that you wish for your child to play up. Our technical committee will evaluate this request and make the necessary changes.
4. I would like to write a cheque for the registration fees and not pay by credit card, is that possible?
Our online registration system only takes credit card. To pay by cheque you will need to attend our in-person registration night, the date will be posted on the website. If you are unable to make the in-person date, please contact the registrar to make alternate arrangements.
5. Why is there a facility fee built into the price of registration?
As part of our ongoing long-term goals, the Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club is committed to building a facility that will be used by our members. A substantial amount of money will have to be raised in order to build such a facility. We are now taking the steps to start our fundraising efforts. We guarantee to our members that these monies will only be used for such a purpose.
6. I can’t afford to put my child through soccer. Can you help?
Everyone should be afforded the opportunity to play. Please contact the registrar to discuss your options. All players who require financial assistance must go through Kidsport, which is an organization funded by various sports associations to help such cases.
7. I missed the registration deadline. Is it too late?
If online registration has closed, please email email@example.com to discuss your options.
8. My Child is going on a preformed team. Where do I indicate that? Does my child need to attend tryouts?
Preformed teams are allowed in tiers 4-6. They are typically “like minded” players or groups of friends who want to play soccer at a recreational level for fun. Your preformed team coach will be submitting a form on behalf of the team. You must indicate that you are on a preformed team, on the “special requests” section of the registration form. Please note that our technical committee will make the final decision on all preformed teams. The onus is on you to confirm with your coach that you have been accepted on the team and you will NOT be required to attend any tryout sessions.
9. My child wants to play on a team with their friend, is that possible?
Blizzard firmly believes that soccer should be a fun experience. For our grassroots program and players in Tier IV and lower we are happy to place friends together if possible. Please email your request to us when you register your child. For players in Tier I through III, we are unable to accommodate these requests as these teams are competitive and players are placed strictly based on skill level.
10. We are hoping our child makes a certain team and will move to another club if they don’t. Can we pay a small fee to attend tryouts rather than fully registering?
Only those players who have completed registration and made payment of fees (or made arrangements for payment) may attend try-outs.